Nurses at home?
Your registered nurse on demand provides in-home care for your loved ones. This means the ability to stay at home – where they want to be – when it might not be possible otherwise.
When a registered nurse might be just what you need
If you are caring for a loved one, here are five ways a registered nurse from In It Together RN can support you:
- We can be there when you have to be elsewhere. If you are care-giving from a distance, an assessment from our nurses can give you peace of mind. Trained and qualified professionals can assess safety risks and make simple corrections in the home. From placing a rug on a slippery floor to recommendations for ambulatory assistance, having a nurse visit your loved one at home can help keep them safe.
- IITRN offers a free consultation to help you identify home care agencies that can support activities of daily living (ADLs). In-home services allow adults to receive day-to-day help with the personal care they need, preserving their dignity and maintaining a good quality of life. Assistance with activities of daily living can include bathing, grooming, and medication reminders.
- Our nurses provide nurse delegation services. These services help your in-home care provider to be able to provide skilled care they would not otherwise be allowed to do. Again, this means you or your loved one may be able to remain at home when they otherwise would not be able to.
- Access to skilled nursing care at home. Our nurses can help with wound care, catheter care or administration of intermittent medications including injections.
- Support with diet and nutrition. Are your loved ones getting the nutrition they need to stay healthy? Adults age 65 and older, people with chronic conditions, and those recently discharged from a hospital or nursing facility are likely to be nutritionally at-risk. Aging, bed rest, illness, and injury can all contribute to the loss of lean body mass. Our services include nutritional counseling and support in identifying options to better protect your loved ones against malnutrition.
- Medication management. If your loved one is on multiple prescriptions it can be confusing to manage. Our nurses can ensure the right medications are being taken at the right times. This helps to control health conditions and prevent harmful drug interactions.