This full day class will allow you to discover how different types of dementia affect the elderly within the long-term care population and how to best care for this population. You will be required to pass a written examination to receive credit for this course.
The target audience of this class includes caregivers and healthcare providers who will be working with clients with dementia in a long term care environment.
Key learning objectives includes:
1. Identify key ways to communicate effectively with dementia clients and their families.
2. Recognize the signs and symptoms of dementia and delirium.
3. Understand what hallucinations and delusions are and identify appropriate caregiver interventions for these symptoms.
4. Understand how sexuality and intimacy is effected by dementia.
5. Develop skills to respond effectively to challenging behaviors and to provide smooth day to day care.
This course is 8 hours long.
Cost is $130 (includes $30 non-refundable cancellation fee).
When booked with another full day population specific course a $15 discount is given for each class.